Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Surreal-Est Ish I Ever Wrote


USTREAM = T M fuckin' I

Ok, so with all of the social networking overload that is flooding the internet, the line between celebrity and fan is getting more and more smaller. The cherry on all of this facebook/myspace/twitterage is  UStream. Recently, an array celebs (Dwight Howard, Bow Wow, Soulja Boy & Teyana Taylor included) have been using this website to broadcast live via video and respond DIRECTLY and immediately to fans in a conversation. Some might think this is good. I however, think it totally takes the fun out of shit?! I mean come on. What is it about celebs we love?? It's that they're fabulously unattainable. And by creating more mediums for fans to get "in touch" with their fave celeb the chase is taken out and they just become.... well.... dare I say, normal.... (shrieking at the thought). What ever happened to the good old days when you fantasized about your celeb idol, but knew you didn't have a shot in HELL at communicating with them. (sigh) Oh for how I miss thee.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment