Thursday, July 2, 2009

Drake Responds to Pedophilic BET Awards Performance & Video Newness: Drake "Best I Ever Had"


Ok, so Drake & Lil Wayne's Sunday BET Awards performance left quite a few of us scratching our head's and questioning how they possibly thought it was appropriate to have a bunch of 12 year olds (including Wayne's OWN DAUGHTER Reginae) dancing around the stage during their performance of "Every Girl" (bka "I wish I could f%@k every girl in the world"). Drake responded however, to Complex to somewhat clear the air on the incident with a comeback that makes me think he was scratching his head just as much as we were:

Complex: Damn, that’s horrible. At the BET Awards this past Sunday, everyone was shocked to see you sitting on a stool. Did you ever think to yourself, Maybe I shouldn’t perform?

Drake: That, actually—to be honest—was a terrible idea that I’ll never do to myself again. [Laughs] But I was being pressed from different areas to perform, and I think what really happened at the BET Awards is with the passing of Mike, the climate really changed, as far as the award show goes. I don’t think it called for us to perform “Every Girl” and “Always Strapped,” and I think it was an award show filled with tributes and music and these genuine heartfelt speeches. And to sort of climax out of a very tongue-in-cheek point, and then people misconstruing Wayne’s daughters and her friends coming out on stage…

Complex: Yeah, it really was an awkward moment.

Drake: Yeah, it was just timed very poorly and it definitely wasn’t planned like that, but with that being said, it is what is. I believe in Wayne and myself and it’s nothing we can’t bounce back from. To anyone who was offended, my personal apologies, it wasn’t intended to offend anybody.

Complex: Watching it at home, the BET Awards seemed to be a mess. Did it seem that way in person?

Drake: Well, I can only speak for my portion of it. I had asked for something very specific for my performance and none of those were met, as far as production value, so…

Complex: That’s BET for you…

Drake: I understood my situation, as far as sitting in one place, and figured there was a way to make it interesting. But when I looked around and noticed that none of that was going on [laughs], I kind of just realized that it was going to be a loss for me. But at the end of the day, it is what it is.

Poor Drake :-( ... The saddest thing is however, I don't really think it's his place to have to respond to anything. If anyone should be responding it should be Wayne (or maybe his babymama, Toya whose probably to wrapped up in her own 15 mins of "reality" show fame.) I know it'll be a snowy day in hell before that happens... and the cycle continue.... SMDH..... And OFF of my Al Sharpton moment is the video newness of Drake's "Best I Ever Had" & here it is:



No comments:

Post a Comment